CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Restored Faith in Humanity


Yesterday I was out running errands, and I had to stop to get gas. Let me just say that I HATE getting gas because filling my tank costs almost as much as 1/2 of a pair of designer jeans. I know, I know...that is ridiculous! So as I was filing my tank, I am thinking, "great...there goes the right leg of the new jeans I want!" Obviously my mind was wandering and I was not focusing on the task at hand. (You will see later why this was a problem.) When my tank was full, I printed my receipt, hopped in my car and drove off to finish my errands.


At the next stop, I got my wallet out to pay and noticed that my credit card was not in its designated home. Now those who know me well know that I am the type of person who keeps everything in the exact spot where it belongs at ALL times. So there was NO way that I had stuck my card somewhere else. I checked my purse anyway, and my car with no luck. Crap! Now I start panicing!


Are you kidding me that I lost my credit card at a gas station, of all places! That is about the easiest place to use a credit card that is not yours, so I was praying that whoever found it turned it in without running up the bill, but felt that my chances were pretty slim. I sped back to the station and searched the ground. No card! Double crap! So I went inside and asked the guy if anyone had turned in a credit card. To my surprise, he said YES! I could not believe that someone turned in my card! It was my lucky day for sure!


Will all of the identity theft going on these days, I want to give a shout out to the person who did the right thing and turned in my card! You helped restore my faith in humanity!
**Side note: I really DO think that most people out there are good people. But bottom line...when you lose your credit card you never know what will happen...

3 comments:

Kim said...

TC- come on girl, you live in Spokane. We're all good people here. :-) So glad you found your VISA, don't try this however if you drop cash, that may actually not be turned in!
XOXO

jessithompson said...

There are some great people in this world - most of them are in my opinion. I'm glad it didn't turn out to be a big hassle for you. Yeah!

Steve said...

If you ever find the person maybe you could buy them a pair of jeans:) Glad it didn't turn into a big hassle. I once though I lost my wallet, canceled all my cards and then found it. Now that was a hassle.