CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Back on the Bike!

Tonight I rode a bike for the first time since my little accident. I was nervous, but my fellow tri-babe Kim invited me for a short loop and dinner at her house. Who can say no to that!?! For those of you who don't know, last summer Kim and I worked out together almost every day! We were basically inseperable, but this year our schedules have not matched up and we barely see each other. We FINALLY got to get out there and ride together, and for old times sake, we decided to take the mountain bikes! Whoo hoo!

Now I don't own a mountain bike, so Kim's husband graciously let me use his. It is actually the bike that I did Valley Girl on last year, so the bike and I go way back :) It felt SO different being on the mountain bike compared to my tri bike. We towed Kim's son Joey in the bike cart, so we got quite the workout! The best part of the ride was when Kim was pulling Joey up the biggest hill of the ride, her legs were killing her, and he kept yelling from the cart, "Mamma! I'm just SO hungry!" Apparently, Joey was ready to go home :) Dinner was delicious and the conversation was fantastic! Thanks Kim and Tom and Joey for a wonderful Wednesday night! I LOVE having dinner with the Montecuccos!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like fun! I love the image of Joey yelling how hungry he was as Kim was working her butt off to get up the hill! Hilarious! I'm glad you ladies were able to get together!

Steve said...

Glad you were able to get back on the bike. How did the leg feel? It is always great to workout with an old friend.

jessithompson said...

Way to go, ladies! Sounds like a great time.

Andy said...

So it was you two out on the bike that passed me while I was running! I recognized Kim but I think you yelled at me. When I turned back to look I didn't know who I knew that would be riding mountain bikes out there! Glad you are back in the saddle.

Michael W. Bergquist said...

I have this amusing picture of you two towing Joey along on an off road mountain bike course, being tossed about. His comments about being hungry were pretty amusing.

Kim said...

Sista- it felt so good to hang with ya. Thanks for coming over. I have just missed my girlfriends so much!

Can't wait for the next ride on our other "steeds". XOXO

Jen said...

I love the things that Joey yells from the cart!! :) So fun that you could all be together! Way to go girl for getting back on the bike!