CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Ahhhh...Hawaii

A few months ago, my wonderful friend Kya invited me to go to Maui with her and her husband and her husband's family. Since Kya would be spending a week in paradise with her in-laws, she wanted back up. So, I got to be the "bring-a-friend." It was AWESOME!! We planned the trip LONG before those pesky snow days, so I actually missed the last 2 days of school. I actually called my students on the last day of school and talked to them on speaker phone, and they LOVED it!

Here Kya and I are at the airport after just arriving. Note our lame pre-Hawaii tanning booth tans :) Also, note the straight hair. That's the last you will see of that for awhile!



Now, I spent the first 10 years of my life living in Californina, and it is pretty safe to say that I am a beach girl 100%! I absolutely LOVE the ocean and my favorite place in the whole wide world is the beach. So this trip to Hawaii was right up my alley! I also LOVE palm trees and it makes me SO happy when I see them! I am pretty sure I probably said the line "I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE IN HAWAII" in my sing-song voice at least 1 million times during my vacation. Kya loved it!


The best part about vacationing with Kya is that we are totally on the same page when it comes to how to spend our days. Here was our basic itinerary each day: wake up, (I chose to get up early and run 5K every day!), get ready for the beach, stop at Starbucks, lay out at the beach all morning reading our books, play in the water a little, eat lunch, lay out and play in the water some more, go home and get ready, eat dinner out, and do a little shopping. It was glorious!

This is a sign that was at a couple of the beaches we went to. We thought it was hilarious that it warns of the conditions during "winter months, Kona winds, and normal days." So Hawaii! Here are pictures of a few of the beaches we went to:






And no Hawaii re-cap would be complete without a beautiful sunset picture!


On our last day, we took a trip to the aquarium. It was an insanely windy day, as you can see. I had decided that it would have be a great idea to wear my cute mini-skirt, but thanks to the wind, I am pretty sure I flashed at least 10 people while at the aquarium! Oh well...it's Hawaii! Hang loose right!?!


Playing in the touching pool. I did NOT like when I touched things and they moved!

Kya and I goofing around with the submarine :)


Finally, here I am with Carl (Kya's husband) and Kya. These two are some of my best friends, and I had a BLAST with them on vacation! Thanks for the invite guys and we should TOTALLY do it again...minus the in-laws :) And can I just point out how freakin' TAN I look compared to Carl!?! Thanks for staying white buddy ;)

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so insanely jealous of this trip! Looks like you had a blast! I'm on the same page as you when it comes to vacationing too! I want that tan you are sporting right now so bad!!!

Jen said...

Trish!!! You are SO tan and adorable! Looks like an amazing trip! I'm so glad you got to go with two awesome friends!!!
Loves!
~J

Kim said...

Hawaii, is there anytime where this isn't the dream vacation? What a blast! And missing the last two days of school to boot! Can I say...PERFECT!
Way to keep the workouts in touch chick!
XOXO

M-Dot said...

Nice :) Looks like sooo much fun wind who cares it's Hawaii! Your hair is so cute curly! You look so cute! Love the tan lucky girl looks like loads of fun. Lots of good memories too.

M & J

Steve said...

JEALOUS!!!

Michael W. Bergquist said...

Ah, to have to suffer a few days in paradise. I'm glad you were able to avoid the dangers posted on the sign in your picture. Look out for the tidal waves!

jessithompson said...

I am so jealous you got to go to Hawaii - I LOVE Hawaii!!! You look uber hot with your tan and cutie pie bod. Running everyday is awesome, way to go girl! I bet you never regretted it! ;)

Phaedra Cote said...

I know I got the low down on your hawaii trip (among everything else) while we were in Lake Stevens but it's nice to see pictures. How cute are you? And yes, you look very tan.

Glad you had a great trip....you made me miss Hawaii. I keep telling Cody we should just pack up and head over to Hawaii but he's not buying it!

how were the pedicures? sorry I missed that.

See you tonight!
Phaedra.

Kelli Rydeen and Family said...

Trish,

I like your vacation itinerary. That sounds like how my days would have been planned out...minus the daily 3k? I bow down to you diehards!

Fun summers are the best, and it sounds like you are having one for the books. I will repeat Steve's sentiments...Jealous!

Kelli