CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

AM BLT + Swim = TONS O' FUN :)

As you probably read on Tiffany's blog, last Tuesday Nat, Tiff, Katey, Christina and I got together for a little bike ride. (Well, actually Nat was doing a run, but she still came along for the fun!) We decided that with the extreme heat we are having, a morning ride sounded pretty sweet!

I decided that this would be the perfect time to figure out my new aero-bottle holster, after helping Tiff with hers during Blue Lake. Obviously, Nat is giving me some helpful tips right now :)

I brought my scissors in my purse, all ready to cut my straw, but we couldn't figure out where to cut it. Christina is giving me the whole "I have no freakin' idea where to cut it" look. Looks like I might need to seek guidance from a professional! Timmers, feel like helping me this weekend!?!

Finally, this is the set up we decided on for the ride, but after about 10 minutes of trying to figure this all out, I realize that I left my sponge at home. Dang it! Back to the regular waterbottle holder for me! Christina and I had a great ride, and although I hadn't rode my bike for 2 weeks, I felt pretty good about my ride. Christina and I have a system where one person gets to complain on the ride if they are tired and the other person is on encouragement patrol. This was my turn to complain, and Christina was awesome about pumping me up! Thanks friend!
After the bike ride, Nat, Tiff, Katey and I headed out to Bear Lake for a little open water swim. This was my first open water swim since Elma in May, so I was a little nervous. I also was the only one without a wetsuit, so that made me nervous too!

Check out all of my freckles! They tend to show up during the summer :)
Here Natalie and I are, getting into the water. It actually was a great temperature, and after a quick warm-up, I was good to go without a wetsuit. By the end of the workout, everyone else was actually HOT in their wetsuits!
After swimming the boey line a few times, Tiff asked me if I wanted to swim across the lake to the shed. She knows I can't say no to her, so of course I was up for the challenge! See the little tiny white shed all the way on the other side of the lake?? That is where we swam to!

Tiffany did AWESOME and I am so glad she gave me the challenge! She is an AMAZING friend and she knows just what to say to me to push me farther without pushing me too hard. Thanks for continually encouraging me to step up to the plate Tiff! You know I need it! You are wonderful and I love you for it!


Over all, it was an amazingly LONG, yet fun workout! I can't wait to do it again with these ladies! So much fun!!





6 comments:

M-Dot said...

Trish;

Looks like you all had a great time.
Hope Lake Stevens goes well. Keep up the hard work it really seems to be paying off.

Michelle and Jay

Tiffany said...

This day was a ton of fun! Way to push outside your comfort zone! I only push lightly when needed because I have someone else who does the same thing to me! It feels good to be the one doing the pushing sometimes! ;)

You did amazing and I'm totally proud of you!

Jen said...

Way to go girl! I can't believe you swam all the way out to the little white shed! WOW!! You're on your way to Blue Lake lady!!!
Loves!

Kim said...

I can't even see the white shed? What was it, 2 miles? Great job missy!

Steve said...

Nice job with the workout. Sounds like you all had a blast. Way to swim to the shed, that is definitely a long ways. T08 is kicking some serious ass. Nice!!

jessithompson said...

Way to go, lady! I have taught Tiff well - HA! Trish 2008 is BAD ASS! XOXO